We are excited to announce that we are looking for a new mascot for the Weymouth Carnival 2024, and we want the talented students of local schools to help us create it!
The rules of the competition are simple:
- The competition is open to all students currently attending schools in the Weymouth area, no matter your age!
- Participants can submit one original mascot design each.
- The mascot must be carnival-themed and suitable for all ages, the theme is beside the seaside!
- Entries must be drawn on an A4 size paper using any medium of their choice (pencils, markers, paint, etc.). Resources can be found at the bottom of the page…
- All submissions must include the student’s name, class, school, and contact details (phone number and email) – In line with our GDPR policy and regulations all documents will be handled with due care and will not be passed onto any third party organisation.
- All entries must be received by the deadline of 5th July and submitted to:
- Weymouth Carnival, 74 Douglas Road, Weymouth, Dorset, DT4 9XW or
The judging process will be conducted by a panel of judges selected by the Weymouth Carnival Committee. The winner will be announced on 14th August and their design will be used as the official mascot for the Weymouth Carnival 2024.
The winner will also receive a prize of a selection of hampers, provided by local businesses and their school will be awarded a trophy for their outstanding artistic contribution.
We can’t wait to see the creative designs that our local students come up with! Good luck to all participants!
If you have an enquiry about this competition contact Annika our Arts and Entertainment boss via email email@example.com.
May the best drawing win!